Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back to School

We went to our first back to school night. It was really fun and exciting to hear about Lillian's school and what she will be doing this year. Lillian gave us one assignment before we left. Meet Herbie's parents and find out if he can come over. We met Herbie's mom and sadly Herbie had never mentioned Lillian. We will, of course, never speak of this to Lillian until she reads this years from now. Not to make it all about me, but I was thrilled to see that Herbie's mom was someone I had noticed across the gym because she had a nose ring. So, Lillian and I are both in love with the "Herbie" family. We have yet to discover what it is about Herbie that is drawing Lillian in (We have not met him.), the nose ring did it for me immediately. I mean seriously, if there is one other mom at her school with a nose ring, how cool is it that it is her friend's mom.

No comments: