Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Christmas Morning

This morning I made my weekly run to the grocery store. Peter usually watches the kids, so I can go by myself. I don't think I am capable of taking them both with me to the grocery store. Anyway, I returned. Peter and I put all of the bags on the kitchen floor and began to put things away. Lillian started looking through the bags and screaming excitedly. "Mama, look what we got. Look what we got! Yogurt (her personal favorite), Ice Cream, Chips, Juice!" She quickly moved in to asking if she could have some of all the things she was excited about. "Mama, I want yogurt. I want stawberries. I want juice." (She eats non-stop and never gains a pound. She must have some Maynor genes, too.) It reminded me of Christmas morning and how excited kids get. We may just get her some yogurt this year. In several flavors, of course.

1 comment:

Linz said...

I love reading about y'all's days. Your life is a riot! You should write a book... you could be the next Erma Bombeck. You really have a flair for painting a picture with words.
By the way, totally jealous of grocery runs with no kids! :)
Lindsay