Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teeth are a weird thing!

I'm not a huge fan of the loss of baby teeth.  I just think it is gross!  I recently had a conversation with some other mothers who keep all of their children's teeth.  They asked what I did.  My response, "I take them out of the tooth fairy pillow and throw them in the trash."  The other mothers were horrified, but what the heck are you going to do with those baby teeth I ask?  I certainly do not want mine.  Tonight, Lillian lost the first tooth in a very long time.  She asked if I keep them, I honestly responded, "No".  She left this note to the tooth fairy with her tooth in Grayson's tooth fairy pillow.

Dear tooth fairy,
I have lost a tooth.  But this time I would like to keep it.  If that is not possible, you can take it.  Please give me extra money because I'm very "excided". and you gave Grayson extra money.  Also, I've lost my pillow.  I'm very sorry.

Lillian Maynor

My response

Dearest Lillian,
This is an untraditional request of the tooth fairy.  Rarely do children request to keep their teeth.  I will, therefore, grant an untraditional gift.  On the day of your choice you may ask your parents to take you and your brother out for frozen yogurt.  Make sure you choose the BEST toppings.  I LOVE THAT YOU THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX.

Love,
The Tooth Fairy


2 comments:

Allison said...

So cute Melanie! Love the letter exchange between you and Lillian. We throw out the teeth too! Way to gross to keep.

amy said...

i think you are one of the best moms i know!
fyi...
i flush their teeth so there is no possible evidence.