Saturday, April 16, 2011

This day finds us...

drinking coffee in the living room and watching the Smurfs. This sounds like terribly "normal" Saturday morning activity which is just what the doctor ordered. We have had a dehumidifier and big fans blowing in our living room and entry way all week drying the place out. It is nice to reclaim our living room as our own even if it does not look as pretty as it once did.

It has been a long week. It has been filled with fear, anxiety, hope, mercy and much love from our community. People have been showering us with love and prayer. We have seriously needed that as our world has been turned upside down.

There is so much going on in my head and my heart as I begin to process this experience. I can't seem to put it into words for now. Perhaps that day will come. I am learning to cling moment by moment to my Saviour. My illusion of safety has been seriously rocked. This is a severe mercy of my Saviour to remind me yet again that He wants ALL of me. Clearly, He is not finished with the Maynors. Our story is not yet written.

The last of my random thoughts is that the children seem to be doing a little better. I asked that people pray for them at bedtime starting Tuesday night. It seemed to really help. We have all been scared to go to sleep since the fire. It is just hard to relax.

I asked my Pastor Aaron for some scriptures to combat my fears earlier this week and I will leave you with one of my favorites.

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.


No comments: