Friday, January 15, 2010

Reading

We seem to have more time to read these days by the warm fire or just inside now that the snow is melting and it is muddy. We had a nice day off from school, today. The kids and I hit the zoo for a little while with some friends. I took a nap while the rest of the gang watched the movie Up. It was nice day. The girls had some girl time and the boys hit Home Depot and the dog park. We ended the day all curled up in my bed reading some chapters from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I just love that book. This is the first time that reading a chapter book out loud has a appealed to both of them. We never want to stop. Tonight, thirty minutes turned into an hour. I totally want to just finish it after they fall asleep, but that doesn't seem very loving. I already know how it ends anyway. It is so fun to open the wonderful world of reading to them. I also love having both of my guys curled up next to me with eye of wonder waiting to see what happens next.

No comments: