Thursday, June 04, 2009

Laughter and Beauty

I have been thinking about some of the things the kids bring to my life.  They are both delightful in many ways and in different ways.  Lillian brings beauty into my life.  She has a knack for finding beauty.  The pieces of jewelry that she has picked out for me are the most complimented.  She is always pointing out beauty in creation.  She gave me this detailed explanation  of a butterfly we saw today and why it was beautiful.  She has a wonderful ability to find beauty in people.  She rarely meets someone she doesn't like and always finds endearing qualities in others.  She loves music and art.  Her view of the world and God just amaze me.  Tonight-"Mom, I just love to wake up in the morning because who knows it might just be the day that Jesus comes back."  Beautiful.

Grayson has a love of laughter and always a twinkle in his eye.  He clearly enjoys laughing and loves to make other people laugh.  He has an amazing ability to throw out the one liners.  I love that he is always ready to laugh.  He is truly funny, but even if what he says doesn't crack me up his laughter is contagious.  If he is laughing, I can't help myself.  This is sometimes a problem when I have to discipline him.  I love that he makes me belly laugh.  Belly laughs are good for the soul.  A few days ago (and a little crass) Grayson, did you just toot on me? "No mom, my poop just burped."  I still belly laugh from just thinking about that conversation.  It ended in us both laughing uncontrollably.  

It is really cool how God gives you what you need in the gifts of your children.  This was an unexpected treasure.  They are truly a joy.

No comments: