Monday, May 25, 2009

Year to date...

I don't have a great memory, but I remember last Memorial Day very clearly.  I had an awful blonde hair color and I tried to run the U. city 5K.  I had to walk some.  This year I decided to do the 5K.  My friend Lisa called last night and said, "Let's just do the 10K."  I said okay and the last time I saw Lisa and Mary Catherine was when the start horn sounded.  I ran all of 6 point something miles solo with a much better hair color.  I was really pleased with my improvement.  I can run 6 miles, but not usually by myself.  I usually start thinking about how not fun it is and walk some.  Not so today my friend.  I had a great time.  And while slow, I did finish.  Awesome!

4 comments:

Lora said...

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THAT FEELING!

Lisa S. said...

You did a great run! Can you believe you have come so far? I love your new hair although the orange hair sure did make you easy to spot! Love ya :)

Andi said...

congrats on the 6 miles. i'm impressed as always.

and yes, your hair is much better now...

Perret Party of Four said...

Hey, if you are going to be in Zachary in June we could run together!!!! Davina