Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Party







The kids and I hit a Halloween party thrown by Susan's church. We go every year and have a blast. Peter was at work, so the kids and I headed out. Lillian decided to dress me up, too. Sadly, the picture did not turn out. I was a "rock star" complete with sprayed blue hair, boots, a layered look and a dress that was my mother's in high school. It was an act of love because I felt like a total idiot. Lillian loved it. So, we played lots of games and ate lots of candy. It was great and we will be going trick or treating tomorrow. Lillian told me that she was a caterpillar in a cocoon. She has beautiful butterfly wings, but she said she will not actually be a butterfly until tomorrow. She is awesome! She has said a few other funny things about Halloween. "Mama, Halloween is not about Jesus. I don't think we should do it." Melanie, "Okay, we don't have to do Halloween." Lillian, "Okay, let's start next year."






Lillian, "Since Halloween isn't really about Jesus, do you think I should dress up like a preacher and tell people about Jesus." Melanie, "Maybe next year."

2 comments:

amy said...

can't wait to hear your "sermon" preacher!

Tirzah said...

Mel I am positive you rocked that Rock star!