Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The night before Kindergarten...


All grown up
Originally uploaded by Melanie Maynor.
This little girl is so big that she is going to Kindergarten, tomorrow. Sometimes I wish I could close my eyes and make the growing stop.
We went to the meet and greet this afternoon to meet Mrs. Patton, her teacher. She was very kind and clearly a pro at kindergarten. She is new to Lillian's school this year, but comes with honors from a local public school. The room was lots of fun and strangely brought back my own kindergarten room. Lillian was thrilled to see her friends and had a great time checking out the room. We also peeked at the new playground. It looks to be lots of fun, too. So, we have her lunch packed and backpack ready. I think I'll set the coffeemaker just to be safe. We will never be this prepared again. I really can't believe she is going to kindergarten. I feel like I was just walking and walking all over St. Louis with my sister trying to get contractions to start. Back then I thought she would never get here and now she is almost six.

I love you Lily-pie. I bet you will be reading before you know it.

No comments: