Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blur

This past week has been a blur of strange weather and sleepless nights. I just haven't made it to the computer to blog. It is so cold here, today. Surely, spring will come again. Grayson has had a cold for the last couple of weeks and been up often at night. We found out on Wednesday that he had double ear infections. The doctor was shocked that this was his first infection and first round of antibotics in his near three year life. He seems much better now. Lillian has been up several times with stomach pains and bads dreams. So, not much rest for the weary around here. I think we are on the upswing now. I am hoping anyway.

We have had a nice weekend with lots of fun activities. We had dinner with our friends the Hendrix on Friday. Lillian was invited to a friend's birthday party at build-a-bear. It was really fun and cute. She made a very sweet bear and named her Rose. She asked me to post some pictures for everyone, so we will do that tomorrow. We received a gift card for a dinner out in the mail on Saturday, so I promptly hired a sitter and met Peter after work at Macaroni Grill. It was yummy and fun, however, our sitter made fun us when we were home by 7:45. But, Friday night had been sleepless, so we were tired. We had church this morning and capped the day off with Family bowling night with Lillian's school. We had such a great time and got to know some of the families a little better.

I think I said just a few short months ago that I would not make another quilt for years, but my friend Genna and I have been hard at work planning the next one. We are making two quilts, one for each of us. We are calling them friendship quilts. We hope to have our hands on both. We have been able to accomplish a lot over the phone and internet, but Genna just decided to come here with family over Spring Break. We decided it would be much more fun to sit side by side and sew. I am still hoping I can learn to make a dress by Easter. I really want to make Lillian's Easter dress. Sewing is proving to be an excellent winter hobby. I don't want to go out anyway. So, I am mostly sewing and reading these days.

Peter has been busy with work. He is thinking of starting to bike to work. It would probably be a bike/bus trip. So, that is about to be his new hobby. He is looking into improved bikes.

Well, let's see if I can leave you with a funny story from the last week. The day after the big snow, my dad called to see how much fun we had. The kids were playing and my dad chatted with me for a minute. As I hung up the phone, I heard the kids in the bathroom. I walked back to see what was up. They were both fully dressed for the day and in the bathroom sink.

Melanie: Is the water on?
Grayson: Yeah! We in the HOT TUB!

More proof that you can never guess what they will do next. I just laughed.

No comments: