Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sing a song

Grayson has taken to having someone "lay down" with him at night. It is a sweet time and I often sing to him. He may be a the only person who enjoys my singing. For some unknown reason, he woke him at 5 a.m. this morning. Peter moved to the couch. Grayson got in bed with me and I was attempting to get us both back to sleep for a little while. He sat up next to me and started singing to me. He has never done that before and the words were hard to understand. He was clearly trying to sing the same songs to me that I sing to get him to sleep. What an unexpected gift at 5 a.m.? I ended up having to put him back in his bed to get him to sleep. He was working so hard to get me to sleep that he was not going down himself. Man, I love that little guy.

2 comments:

Tirzah said...

Oh soo sweet.

Andi said...

that is so sweet. even at 5am.