Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Jump start

Grayson has been struggling with all four canine (?) teeth for about two weeks. He has been waking up been 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. needing more motrin and comfort. Well, Monday night was the worst. He was up multiple times before we went to bed and then three or four after midnight. Peter and I were exhausted. When Lillian woke up around 6:30 or 7:00, we asked her to go read books in the living room or play quietly in her room for us to sleep a little longer. This has worked for us in the past.
About thirty minutes later, she came to our bed with blue stuff all over her face. Peter asked her what is was and her response was..."Are you going to punish me? Not a good sign. Peter replied, "Tell me the truth and you will not be in trouble." "Daddy, I ate something." Peter walked into the kitchen to find a pair of scissors and a cut open bag of blue ice. The kind of thing you put in your lunch box to keep it cold. She had climbed on the counter, gotten the scissors and decided to get the blue ice out of the freezer. I have no, I repeat, no idea why she decided to eat it. She said it smelled like grapes, so she tried it. Before I was totally out of the bed, Peter was yelling "Where is the number to poison control?" (It is in the front of the phone book in case this happens to you.) Well, it is not poisonous thankfully. It could have made her vomit or have diarrhea. It did not. I kind of wish it had made her a little sick to scare her.
I feel like if I bought ice cream more she would have just eaten that instead of blue ice. I'm pretty sure I can justify ice cream as a safety measure from here on out. It looks like four isn't going to be all that different from three after all. At least she mixes it up for us. I have to give her that.

No comments: