Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Glimpse

Today, I got a glimpse of the future. One with a finished kitchen and no, NO plaster dust. The door between the kitchen and the dining room (a.k.a. current kitchen) was removed for the subfloor to be put down. The subfloor is in and the ceiling is primed. The kids and I sat on the other side of a gate between kitchen and dining room watching the subfloor go down. Hopefully, the gate will keep Grayson out during the next couple of weeks of rehabbing. The tile guy (our friend) is coming to lay tile on Wednesday. The kitchen will all by primed by that point. The guys tell me the dust will end at that point. I plan to start removing plaster dust from every surface late this week. I hope to be finished by the start of 2007. All in all it was a wonderful, very exciting day. We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The kids and I did our normal Saturday of going to the Loop for veggies. We added a trip to Garden Ridge where we hit the mother load of pink flamingo stuff for the upcoming 4th birthday party for Lillian. It will be all pink flamingo. Prepare yourselves. We were sad that we couldn't make it to Mississippi to John Gordon's (my cousin's son) first birthday party, but send a happy birthday shout out from St. Louis. I would post pictures of the progress, but have somehow screwed up the digital camera. Hopefully, that will be fixed soon.

No comments: