Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Storytime

A few weeks ago I told Lillian that my dad's name was Harry. She calls him Hap. She busted out laughing and said, "That is a VERY funny name." I suppose it is, if it is not your dad's name and you don't know how to spell. Last night, Lillian asked me to tell her a story. I am not the storyteller in the family and usually I just read books to her, instead. Last night, she had to have a story.
M: What should the story be about?
L: Hairy Larry had a nose ring and was friends with Jesus.

What? FYI, I got my nose pierced a few weeks ago. SURPRISE!! Happy 30th birthday to me! Anyway, Lillian likes it and wants one when she gets bigger. See, there are consequences to our choices. It is all well and good to get a nose ring until your three year old wants one, too. At least it isn't a tattoo. SURPRISE! Peter has one of those. We are in trouble. Anyway, there will be time enough for that later. At least there is no limit on cyber space. I am sure there will be much blogging during the teenaged years. Back to the story.
M: Once upon a time there was a man named Hairy Larry who had a nose ring. He didn't have many friends. He had one good friend named Jesus. Hairy Larry and Jesus walked around talking and laughing and being friends. Then Jesus went back to heaven and Hairy Larry looked forward to seeing him again in heaven. The End.
L: That was a good one, mama.
You can see why I am not the story teller in the family.

No comments: