Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So, where do you get bon-bons?

Somehow, we have managed to have the most wonderful summer ever as a family. The kids are both riding bikes and swimming beautifully. We don't nap and can buckle our own seat belts. We have reached a new level of all around independence and I have to say that I LOVE it. I mean babies are cute and all, but bike riders, swimmers and seat bucklers are beautiful. And this wonderful summer full of fun and laughter will end tomorrow morning about 8:20 with both kids in full-time school. That's right Grayson is going to kindergarten. I know, I thought I would have lost the baby weight by now, too. I always get a little choked up on the first day of school, but I'm just praying that the teacher is a good fit and that the kids are comfortable. We have met both of the kids' teachers this year and I feel really good about both of them.

Lillian is headed to 2nd grade. I really can not believe that. I mean she is totally just a kid now. She is about to be 8. Peter and I keep freaking out that she is about to be 8. She has made some kind of amazing transformation this summer. I really can't explain it other than to say that she has matured. For example, she is suddenly able to clean her room. I mean I don't know why that changed, but GREAT!

Grayson is finding himself a little nervous about kindergarten and said he hopes his teacher is nice. I explained that you have to be nice to be a kindergarten teacher. His teacher was super kind and sweet this afternoon and exactly what you think of when you think of young kindergarten teacher.

So, I need to find some stuff to do. I feel like the time will fill up with work and Bible study and exercise. Who knows maybe I'll clean the house for the first time in 8 years or loose the baby weight. For now, I'm sorry to tell this summer goodbye, but thrilled to see the kids moving on to exciting new adventures.

2 comments:

Lora said...

If you get bored, call me--I'll give you a LONG LIST of needs in the volunteer arena! I am BUSIER than ever!

Lisa S. said...

Lose the baby weight-HA! If I remember right you were wearing your wedding dress not too long ago?! I would never even be brave enough to try that one sister! I hope you fill your time by hanging out with me.