Friday, January 01, 2010

Random thoughts on a New Year

Happy New Year! We have had a wonderful Christmas break and enjoyed wonderful time with family and friends. This first day of 2010 finds me in my pj's snuggled up watching the Chronicles of Narnia with the family. We have fallen in love with all of the Chronicles this last year. We have Lillian's passion for beauty to thank for that. They are truly amazing stories.

So, hopes/resolutions for the new year... It is easy to want to make huge changes in yourself. I have my own desires. I'll share a few.

1. Peter and I would love to run more and eat healthier. My goal would be to get back to running some races this year. I hope Peter and I find this to be a something we do more together.

2. It is impossible to predict the ways that God will show himself to us this year, but my prayer is that we will grow more deeply in our faith individually and as a family.

3. Slow down. I love to do 50 million things at once, but I want to just slow down more and enjoy. Take time to sit and just be with my kiddos and husband and friends.

4. I want to laugh more. Laugh more and worry less. I love to laugh. I need to laugh at myself a little more.

5. Perhaps I'll try to blog a little more. We will see. Some times real life just gets in the way.

So, here's to 2010!



1 comment:

Lisa S. said...

I just got finished telling scott the Nashville/convertible/race plan. As well as telling him we need to eat better SO maybe the 4 of us are racing in Nashville in April!! That would be very fun! Happy New Year!