Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Sweet Thanksgiving Day



We had a really sweet day. Everyone woke up feeling pretty good. We went out to Bread Company for pastries and just hung out. I cooked enough food for an army. It is hard to downsize Thanksgiving food. Hopefully, some people will stop by for leftovers. We watched the Macy's Day Parade. We just chilled while the food cooked. The kids and Peter decorated the table and we put things in smaller dishes to serve family style around the table. The eating part is always so quick after all the prep, but it was yummy. The kids and I enjoyed some pumpkin praline pie for dinner. I'm still full, but Peter has just served himself a second round. Good thing, we have so much food. We got several calls from friends and family. It really turned into a very sweet family day. I would have never chosen to just have my family even at the last minute I was looking out my window for people to feed, but it was a wonderful day. I loved having my husband and kids around a beautiful table. I had this glimpse of us years from now with more added hopefully spouses and grandkids will be around my table one day. For now, it was a delight to have kiddos old enough to enjoy the feast and to snuggle around the fire on the couch. All in all a beautiful day and one I will treasure as a mama and wife. I have added the few pictures we took. Side note: The kids got to drink sparkling cranberry juice in wine glasses. We are oh so festive. Hope your day was as good as ours.

No comments: