Thursday, October 01, 2009

Crack up!

Lillian did a little trim work on her hair this week. First time in seven years, I find that shocking. " I really wants bangs..." Now she has a few. A quote of her pleading her case...

Lillian: Mama, everyone in our family has bangs...You, daddy, Grayson. (as she pulls her hair apart to reveal her forehead) My head is just empty!

Grayson and I just fell out laughing. She joined us when she realized what she said.

-----------

Mommy slip up. Sometimes it happens to the best of us. It may happen to me more than the average mommy. Sometimes what I am thinking just comes right out of my mouth without a filter.

Me: Lillian what did you have for hot lunch at school?
Lillian: Orange Sherbet and Tuna melt
Me: Oh gross! (gagging noise)
She looked bewildered and then started laughing.
Lillian: It really wasn't that good, mama. Would you eat that if you went to someone's house for dinner and they served it?
Me: (Two times in a row.) NO!

For the record, tuna is about the only thing in the world I hate other than milk. And I would probably try to eat it if forced.

No comments: