Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Dancing the night away...

This time nine years ago, I was dancing the night away at my wedding. I remember feeling like Cinderella in my wedding gown, which had also been my mom's. It was lots of fun being surrounded with all of our favorite people. All aspects of my life and Peter's colliding for a few hours. Good worship, good music, good fun. It seems like yesterday and a like a million years ago. Peter was 35 lbs lighter (freaky). I could never have predicted how much God loved me nine years ago, when He gave me Peter. He is a wonderful husband who never ceases to amaze me with his continual love and care.

This year has been good, less traumatic than so many others. We have walked through a lot of sadness together, but we have also had such deep joy. Nine years later, Peter remains my very favorite person to hang out with and drink a beer and laugh. So, I'm going to wait up until 10pm when he gets home from work and drink a beer and laugh with him. I am looking forward to this next year of marriage. I can't believe we have almost made it to the 10 year mark. Costa Rica here we come! I 'm working the tropical angle for the big anniversary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog a lot. Cheers. I don't know how I hooked you, but I'm glad I did.

Yours only,

Peter

Tirzah said...

you guys made me cry! We are so glad to know you two and the smaller two. Have a great 9th year!

JewleeyaB said...

Aww thats soo cute, ure hubbie commented...