Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Pirate, the Son and the Holy Mermaid

As many of you know, plans are in full swing for the long awaited Pirate birthday party. Someone mentioned a couple of months ago, that perhaps the addition of mermaids would make the party a little girlier. Well, I looked around and there are either things from the Little Mermaid or topless mermaids. I tried to just move Lillain away from the idea. I thought she had taken the bait, then she came up with her new and improved idea.
L: How about a Jesus birthday party?
M: You know, Lillian, that is a wonderful idea, but we already have a lot of stuff for the Pirate party.
L: Well, let's just make it Pirates, mermaids and Jesus!
I could just imagine the looks on the faces of the people opening those invitations. What the heck? I don't know how that would all work together and I am certainly not going to try to make Jesus in the form of a birthday cake. She was pursuaded to stay with just Pirates with the promise of a Jesus' birthday party celebration at Christmas.

1 comment:

Christine Gordon said...

the unholy trinity - what would Jesus look like as a cake?