Thursday, June 14, 2007

Who needs coffee?

Some time in the night last night, Lillian had a nightmare and she got in our bed. Peter moved to the couch. We all went back to sleep. This morning, Peter and I woke to a bloodcurdling scream. I lept across our bed and was running toward Lillian (in the living room). In mid run, I heard her say "squirrel. She woke up, walked into the living room and was greeted by a squirrel coming up our stairs. We are still not totally sure how they are getting in, but one squirrel went to the great beyond this evening. I'm not really pro squirrel killing, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Peter said the squirrel he trapped was receiving words of comfort from a squirrel on the outside of the trap. So, the rodent wars continue at the Maynor house. I doubled up and had my coffee anyway.

No comments: