Monday, March 05, 2007

Flood waters

Grayson has had a cold for the last couple of days, so I stayed home from church with him. I had just put him down for a nap, when I heard a knock on my kitchen door. Laura, from downstairs, said there was water pouring out into the basement. "I'll take care of it." I went running down to the basement to find a pipe had burst and water was going everywhere including on all of our tenant's stored goods. I started moving things like a T.V. and boxes. Thank goodness for the recent work outs. I ran over to my neighbor's house and rang their bell. No one. It seemed everyone I knew was at church. I couldn't think of anyone at home. I started calling the cell phones of friends at church and happened upon our friend John. Thankfully, church had just ended and he located Peter. "Peter, come quick the basement is flooding!" I met him at the car and he was able to turn the shut off valve. I couldn't get it to move. All in all, it was a minor pipe and the damage was minimal. We are very thankful!

M: Peter, I don't know what I would have done, if I hadn't found you.
L: Mama, you should have just called the fire department. Fireman do fires and floods.

The fire department gave a very informative presentation at Lillian's school a couple of months ago. My little four year old is full of all sorts of helpful information, lately.

2 comments:

Tirzah said...

Melanie have a great time on your trip. I will call your cells and give you mom and dads cells just in case you need it.

Anonymous said...

We are thankful that it was minor danage. Lillian has a mind like a steel trap, nothing escapes her. I love her.