Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

I had a great mother's day. I really felt like a mom this year. I guess two kids will do that to you. Peter and the kids brought me coffee in bed, then made pancakes. Oh so yummy. I only started liking pancakes when I was pregnant with Grayson. And then I loved them. Lillian is always requesting them, but Peter makes much better ones than I make. They gave me a gift in bed. We usually do very small gifts for Mother's day and Father's day. I was shocked and awed when I opened this one. It was an iRobot Roomba. I had no idea what this was, but incidently, both of my grandmothers had heard of them. (Who knew they were so hip to technology?) Anyway, it is a robotic vacuum cleaner. You can program it to vacuum while you are sleeping, while you are away, or set it up in a room and let it go. It has a remote and you can "walk" it wherever you want it to go. It has already vaccuumed the hall and Grayson's room this morning during breakfast. It also spot cleans a three foot radius. This is perfect for under the highchair. It is a lot like a dog. After it is finished, it will go back to it's base to recharge. We decided to name it, since this is about as close to having a dog as we are going to get these days. Lillian named it Bark-o.

I am a high tech mama, now. I may soon have no excuse for a dirty house with the dishwasher and this. I am seriously considering buying myself some bonbons this week.

No comments: