Monday, March 13, 2006

What is going on?

Yesterday, I woke up from a fever/medication induced sleep to find Lillian was running around the house naked with a gold purse. The house was a total disaster. Grayson was begging for food. Peter was coughing on the couch. I was like that guy who drinks McDonald's coffee for the first time and realizes he is married. Well, I looked around and realized this sickness had to end. This house needed a mama in charge. Peter was doing his best, but clearly he ain't nobody's mama. (P. S. If something ever happens to me, hire a nanny/housekeeper within 24 to 48 hours.)

M: What is for lunch?
P: I ate cereal for breakfast and lunch.
M: I don't want cereal.
P: We are serving cereal.
M: What did you eat for dinner last night?
P: Bratwersts with no buns.

I went with the brat. Hindsight is always 20/20. I decided to feed the kids and was getting Grayson started....

L: Mama, I ate a leaf.
M: You what?
L: I ate a leaf off of the plant over there.

I would like to say that I had a wonderful and godly response such as, "Honey, we don't eat leaves now please go throw that up in the bathroom like a big girl." Truth be told. I said, "Shoot" (or something similar with four letters) very quietly under my breathe. I mean, she is three and a half. Why in the world would she pull a leaf off of a plant that has been in our house since the day she was born? Beats me.

M: Why did you eat a leaf?
L: Because it was green and beautiful!
M: Lillian, you can't eat leaves. They might make you very sick.

So we made our first call to poison control. They are super nice. The leaf was poisonous and we had to watch her for a few hours. She never had any problems. They did tell us if she had trouble breathing to call 911 rather than take her to the hospital. That is never comforting.

Anyway, today was pretty normal. We all got back to our activities.

No comments: