Saturday, July 30, 2005

Prayer Warrior

Lillian had a rough night trying to go to bed on Wednesday night. I has some friends who were coming over to do a Bible study. Peter was working and they had to assist with getting my kids to bed. It was a nightmare. It was like a joke that might start: How many mamas does it take to get one kid to bed? Apparently, more than three. When I started to put her to bed at 6pm, she prayed, "Dear Jesus, Heal Uncle Brian." Two hours into the three hour saga, she asked to pray again. You can't say no to prayer. "Dear Jesus, Thank you for my crying soooo much." Thankfully, the other mamas were praying in the living room which was really necessary. Long, long story short it ended by me holding her and rocking her for a few minutes. She sat up and said, "I'm going to bed now mama. Please leave and shut the door." I may have PTSD from the event. I ordered pizza and had some free therapy from my personal therapist when he arrived home from work. (He is good and cute. Let me know if you need a referral)

No comments: