Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Job Evaluation

Every once in a while you just need to do a job evaluation. Yesterday I had a rough day at the office. I seriously considered giving my two weeks notice. Honestly, I attempted to give my notice and my supervisor would not take it. I guess the job security is pretty good. I decided that listing the good things about the job might help me feel recharged and excited about the next 20 or so years. Here are the top 10.

10. The dress code is pretty layed back. pjs, jeans, T-shirts, no make-up, etc. Can't find that everywhere.

9. You get to eat every hour or two with your little charges. (Not so good for the waist line, but you can't win them all.)

8. You are required to act silly, read all day, play games and dress-up.

7. You get to go to the pool.

6. You don't get fired for falling asleep on the job. (Naps are suggested.)

5. You always feel pretty tall. (I rarely feel this way.)

4. The commute is pretty short.

3. You can make personal calls without fear of losing your job.

2. My little charges are really cute and funny 95% of the time.

1. You don't get fired for sleeping with the supervisor. In fact, it is suggested.

On second thought, my job ROCKS! I just need a raise. I think I'll send Lillian in to work the deal.

1 comment:

Linz said...

once again... you're hilarious! May I give my uncle the address of your blog? He publishes a weekly paper and I think it would make a great addition...just a thought!