Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Camping

We (I) decided it would be a great idea for us to go camping for a night over the 4th weekend. Peter was off on the 4th. It would be a cheap get away. We went to a campground (Jellystone Park) about 20 minutes away. I figured we could just come home if it was terrible. The place was very kid friendly with activities and a pancake breakfast with Yogi Bear.

We had a wonderful time. Lily did lots of swimming in the "big" pool. She has a swimsuit with floatie built in. She was jumping in without holding our hands and swimming all around. She is a little fish. We cooked hot dogs and smores. It was great! We went to bed feeling on top of the world. The people in the campsite next to ours were drinking and chattin' it up until 2am. We were laying there in the hot, uncomfortable tent wide awake. Including Lily. I suggested we go home several times. I was thinking who the heck goes camping with a 2 year old and a three month old in July. Someone could have told me it was a bad idea. We woke up at 5:45am to "My awake, NOW!" We hit the playground at 6:30 am. Man I miss sleeping late.

Over pancakes we asked Lily if she liked sleeping in the tent or not. "NOT" We swam and played all morning then headed home for naps all around. Gray had a blast and didn't seem to be bothered by the rowdy people. Maybe he will be a boy scout like Hap (my dad). It was really fun except the trying to sleep part and good family bonding. Next year I may suggest that we stay at the Holiday Inn a mile away.

Mel

No comments: